[XNA] What is Flyatron?
I’ve been working on the individual components of Flyatron without giving much thought to what the end game will be. Here it is:
- It is a single-player shooter/survival game.
- The player character, the H.E.R.O. Egregious Robot Ordnance (H.E.R.O.).
- The player is relentlessly pursued by a Malevolent Airborne Robot (M.A.R.). The M.A.R. is a simply a sprite object that moves toward the player.
- The player has a gun that shoots a wall x pixels from the play. There’s a cooldown on this. The player also has two escape abilities on separate cooldowns: A burst of speed, and a teleport.
- While the ability cooldowns will expire naturally, the H.E.R.O. can pick up powerups in the game that will immediately reset cooldowns.
- These powerups respawn on a predictable schedule, but are protected by the Irate Attack Helix (I.A.H.).
- The player has n lives before he dies.
- There is gravity in Flyatron. You have to thrust constantly against it.