I changed the site’s layout because I didn’t like the old version. Along the way I fixed a good deal of shit code and poor design decisions. Gone is any compatibility with Internet Explorer.
Off the top of my head, I:
- Removed KnockoutJS in favour of a teeny jQuery pub/sub model.
- Removed convoluted avatar code added to test a client feature.
- Streamlined the Gulp build chain with an npm script:
npm run build
- Removed all IE9-11 compatibility. The hooks for you to include your own code remain.
- Gave Sheepie the hip new look you enjoy today.
- Broke up most of the CSS and made it even more modular.
- Moved the theme to a 100% mobile-first layout that uses my @media query manager.
- Broke out modal elements from the header.
- Removed several filters wrapped around WordPress actions.