My lecturers are universally saying “ERMAGHERD, ERXPERNERNTAHL KERV!” about this semester’s difficulty, but so far I am only truly frightened about mathematics. I have six streams up until December: Mathematics, Windows Programming, Web Programming, Client-side Scripting, Software Analysis, and Database Development. Out of the six, I am only really concerned about Mathematics, because fuck math. There’s a lot of genuine difficulty there in encompassing a lot of what is presented to me, and in applying it to programming. The relevance between math as taught and programming has (so far) been low. Database is starting from scratch, and actually teaching us concepts that we need to know. I already communicated in class that we (and I) didn’t learn much of anything useful in Semester 2.
The biggest worry? Attendance. That fucked me badly last semester. I missed a month of school in February (depression) and missed important lectures in two subjects, a key presentation, and was finally docked for lack of attendance in a fourth subject. And then to compound it, I completely missed out on an entire fucking repeat exam on August 23 because I didn’t read the schedule fully. I looked at it for one thing, found it, and closed the page. Fuck.
I mostly did pretty well last year after I got settled in. I am mostly confident that if I actually turn up every day I won’t completely fuck matters up. Mostly…
You can grab the source here, and if you are so interested in trying the game then shoot me an email or leave a comment here!
* New game icon!
* Added new font size. Game.cs:
* Collected nukes now accumulate for later use (right-mouse click).
* Tidied UpdatePlay(); some code was shuffled off to their correct methods.
* Tidied collision detection.
* Changed the soundtrack instance to a more appropriate name.
* Tidied and clarified movement code.
* Slightly increased movement speed. Scores.cs:
* Quashed literally game-crashing bug in the generation of a blank/dummy score list.
* Renamed Increment() to Update() to more accurately reflect the in-use convention.
* Scores still do not collate corretly. I have identified the source for the behaviour, but a correction will have to wait.
* Fixed insta-death collision bug.
* Added a new state for being shot.
* Added mine health.
* Mines are slightly knocked back when shot.
* When shot, mine health deceases inverse to velocity.
* Mine changes colour to generally indicate remaining health.
* Added debug information on the mine’s state.
* Renamed to Bullets.cs. Changed all mentions of “missile” to “bullet” as they had been equally mixed.
* Music files are now loaded and swapped internally. Drastically reduces front-end code.